Saturday, December 1, 2007

for the party

I hennaed both of Lindsay's hands... left....and right....
(this pattern was inspired by a great little metal case that Lindsay had brought with her)
her mom's first henna....

I hennaed hands last night for a beautiful girl. Her name is Lindsay, she is in her 20's, and she recently was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I have had the priviledge of meeting this young woman, who is taking on her disease with a fabulous attitude and she is determined to beat it, as I can imagine she will.

She is going to a wonderful place in Bloomfield (IMG) and she is doing all sorts of things to be proactive about helping her body rid itself of the disease. And she is the healthiest "sick" person I have ever seen.

When I met her a few weeks ago, we had talked aboout hennaing her head when/ if she lost her hair. She hasn't. So I hennaed her hands for a big party tonight that they are having for her. I am pleased to do henna for her.